Call for Resource Development Advisory Committee Members
ArtReach is looking for new volunteer members for our Resource Development Advisory Committee! Please see the job description below.
To volunteer with us as a Fundraising Committee Member please email a letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Fundraising Committee Member Applicant” in the Subject Line.
Position: Fundraising Committee Member Reporting To: Director
Position Type: Volunteer
ArtReach’s mission is to support local arts initiatives that engage excluded youth. This is carried out through the provision of resources, mentorship, tools and skill-building opportunities for young artists, youth leaders and youth-led groups and organizations in Toronto.
The role of the Fundraising Committee is to ensure that the organization remains financially viable and self-sustainable in order to continue to serve the youth arts and grassroots organizing community. This committee provides support by developing and implementing fundraising strategies and actions raising funds for ArtReach through fundraising efforts, providing recommendations for strategic marketing, as well as engaging and maintaining relationships with donors who align with and wish to support ArtReach in carrying out its mission.
As a member of the Resource Development Advisory Committee your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Attend meetings as required- at least once per quarter, and more frequently as required by the committee or task workload.
- Supporting the development of a three-year fundraising plan
- Ongoing individual and team capacity building in fundraising practices
- Creating and coordinating fundraising events (at least one large event annually)
- Contribute to decision-making in all areas of activity of the committee.
- Provide creative and respectful input to deliberations of the committee.
- Take on and fulfill specific tasks related to planning and execution of activities and reaching goals set and agreed to by the committee.
- Report to the committee Chair and fellow committee members with comprehensive notes on assigned tasks regularly or in a timely or agreed to manner.
Term of Office:
Fundraising Committee members are appointed to a two-year term.
- Sincere interest and/or related experience in fundraising
- Sincere interest and/or related experience in supporting youth arts and culture
- Transferable skills in one or more areas of fundraising, marketing, communications, public relations, promotions, stakeholder relations, or volunteer supervision
- Time and energy to contribute as a member and volunteer to the committee and related tasks, events, and activities
- Personal commitment to productive participation
Until further refined through more robust record keeping, it is anticipated that the Fundraising Committee Team members should make a basic commitment 10 to 15 hours on average per month including: work at home, attendance at Committee meetings, and time contributed as a volunteer with events and activities.