ArtReach aims to increase meaningful youth engagement of Toronto youth (13-29), who have experienced and/or are experiencing exclusion from quality arts opportunities.
ArtReach is a funding program designed to support youth arts initiatives in Toronto that foster youth engagement and provide high quality arts opportunities. $270,000 in grants are available to support youth arts projects, thanks to our amazing partnership with the Toronto Arts Council. Click here to learn more about this partnership.
Before You Begin
To ensure that you are eligible to apply and to confirm the correct funding stream for your project, review our program guidelines here. Please read this entire document carefully.
NOTE: We run one annual granting round, with applications opening December 1st at 8:00am, and due February 1st at 11:59pm.
2018 ARTREACH GRANTING ROUND TIMELINE
- Grant Round Opens: December 1st, 2017
- Grant Workshop #1: December 5th, 2017 (Details here)
- ArtReach Office Closed: December 23th, 2017 – January 7th, 2018
- Grant Workshop #2 + Grant Writing Clinic: January 9th + 10th, 2018 (Details here)
- Grant Round Closes: February 1st, 2018 (11:59PM EST)
- Grant Review Team Meets: March 18, 2018
- Applicants Notified of Results: April 6, 2018
- Letters of Understanding: May 2018 TBD
- Grantee Orientation Session and Cheque Distribution: June 19, 2018
*Dates subject to change; specific dates will be provided as soon as possible
Our applications are based on the tier of funding you are applying for. If you are unsure which tier your project falls under, please review our program guidelines or see below for information about speaking to a grants manager.
We highly recommend that you review the application questions and draft your response in a separate document before filling out the online form. While generally problem-free, technical errors can happen during this process and could result in you losing your responses before you are able to submit them.
You can also download and view a list of the application questions HERE
BUDGET AND WORKPLAN
You are required to submit both a workplan and budget with your application. Please include as much detail as possible, and be sure to break down all costs and activities to communicate how every step of your project will run.
Download your Application Budget HERE
Download your Application Workplan HERE
HOW TO SUBMIT
All applications will be submitted via the Jotform links above. Budget and workplan documents, as well as all supplementary material must be uploaded into this application directly.
Your application must provide of all of the following or your application will not be eligible:
- The completed online application
- A detailed budget for this project showing all expenses and all funding for the project, from all sources
- A detailed work plan showing project planning, outreach, execution and evaluation
- Any additional materials can be uploaded to the Google Drive folder shared with you by the grants manager (this includes art samples, video clips, publications, letters of reference etc.). All support material must be submitted electronically, as we are no longer collecting physical materials.
- List of board members or advisory committee members (if applicable) with contact info
Material submitted with your grant application remains the property of ArtReach and Toronto Arts Council, and may also be used for communication purposes.
If you have questions, require support, or are unsure about any aspect of our application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also click here to book a time to speak to a grants manager regarding your project or application.