Congratulations on becoming an ArtReach grantee, and thank you for the privilege of getting to fund your project! Below is all of the key information you need to know as an ArtReach grantee. Please feel free to send any questions, comments, concerns, requests, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
•ArtReach’s priority is to support you in executing your project as smoothly as possible. If you find you are having any issues within your project, or require support in any way, we highly encourage you to reach out. Some (but not all!) of the ways we can support you include:
- Resolving participant complaints against your project
- Resolving facilitator complaints against your project
- Negotiating with administrative partners/ trustees on your behalf
- Adjusting your budget to support a change in the project
- Connecting you to others in the community arts sector
- Recommending accessible venues in your neighbourhood
•If you prefer a form of communication other than email, ArtReach staff is available via phone call, video call, text message, social media messaging services, or in-person meetings. Please share any communications preferences with ArtReach staff.
•ArtReach would love to help you promote your projects, workshops, and events through our networks, website, social media, and newsletter. Please send all related information to email@example.com.
•In an effort to further support your project, ArtReach will be doing project check ins at the beginning, middle, and end of your project.
- Your first check-in will be via email during the beginning of your project. The purpose of this check-in is to confirm that you feel confident and comfortable with executing your project, and can identify any areas ArtReach can provide support.
- Your second check-in will be a site visit to your project by an ArtReach staff member. The purpose of this check-in is to see your project in action!
- Your third check-in will be via email near your project end date. The purpose of this check-in is to remind you of your upcoming report due date.
•You can find our final report and final budget templates here.
•While we hope that you are able to submit your final report by the approved due date, this date is flexible and can be changed. If you need an extension, please contact us as early as possible to let us know what’s going on, why you need the extension, and a suggestion for a new reporting due date.
•Please note if you do not complete and submit a final report and budget, you will not be able to apply for future ArtReach or Toronto Arts Council grants, and may be required to pay back the entirety of your grant.
•One of the most important conditions in your agreement with ArtReach and the Toronto Arts Council is that the project must make sure that the support from both Artreach and Toronto Arts Council are fully acknowledged in your communications materials. The logos of the Toronto Arts Council and ArtReach must be used on all promotional flyers, posters and ads.
•ArtReach and Toronto Arts Council logos can be found here. If you require a logo in an alternative format, please email with the required specifications.
•For programs, magazine, and book projects, in addition to the logos, the following phrase must be included: “Funding for this project has been provided by the City of Toronto through the Toronto Arts Council and ArtReach”.
•If you as an individual are depositing your grant cheque into a personal banking account, either for you as an individual artist or on behalf of your group’s project, please note that the Canadian Revenue Agency considers these funds as taxable personal income, and you will be charged accordingly. The Toronto Arts Council will mail you a T4A during tax season to file with your personal income taxes.
•Please ensure there are funds set aside for any administrative tax support if needed. ArtReach is NOT able to offset any tax costs in relation to the receipt of this funding. You are allowed to use part of your grant to cover these costs within reason, but please speak to ArtReach staff for approval.
•We understand that taxes can be overwhelming and confusing- please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need to be connected with any resources.